Your London nanny should work in partnership with the family, taking responsibility for the safety and development of your children.
A nanny’s duties include:
- Children’s laundry, maintaining the cleanliness of equipment, toys and rooms used by the children and, if required, the preparation of the children’s meals.
- Drop off and collect children from schools or nurseries.
- Visits to the swimming pool and library will also be the responsibility of the nanny so as to promote the social and educational development of the children.
- A nanny is not normally required to undertake general household duties unless this is specifically agreed within the job description.
- Working hours are Monday-Friday approximately 12 hrs per day, typically 7am-7pm. This can though vary with an earlier start and finish, or later start and finish.
- Babysitting is included in the salary up to 2 nights per week Monday-Friday. Babysitting on a Saturday or Sunday is normally paid as extra at an agreed rate, currently £8 per hour.
- If your family have an additional home, this should be made clear at interview, but all Live in Nannies work wherever the family are reasonably based, or frequent from time to time.
- If the Nanny is required to work weekends at a country or holiday base, this should be paid as extra.
- Weekends are paid at the normal daily rate and Bank Holidays are usually paid at time and a half, or time off in lieu.
- If a Live in Nanny is required to travel with family, it should be made clear at interview that the job requires the flexibility to travel.
- The Nanny would be paid extra for weekend work and either given time off during the day for additional babysitting (2 nights included), or paid extra.
- If the Nanny is travelling with the family, all travel, accommodation and meals are at the Employer’s expense.